Saturday, March 04, 2006

Riding, Mar. 4 - Lake Weir

I was out on my bike today, on real roads for the first time this year.

I rode south, down around Lake Weir. I then rode out to my grandfather's house for dinner, where the rest of the family met me. The total ride was 31.86 miles. I had jerry-rigged my Garmin GPS to track the bike ride. Sadly, the batteries died around mile 25. Here is a map of the route, until the GPS died:



Here is the profile of the route, again up until the GPS died:



These imaages are both from GPS Visualizer.

The goal of the ride was to build endurance, with a few hills. I tried to stay within the Aerobic Pace. I did some riding at Tempo pace. On a couple of hills, my HR got way to high. Towards the end, I was struggling to keep my HR below lactate threshold, and had some burning in the legs.

So, here are the stats:

Distance: 31.86
Time: 2:22:09
Avg. HR: 146
Max. HR: 229
Avg. Spd.: 13.4
Max. Spd.: 33.6

Overall, it was a good ride. I definitely need to ride along the east and south edges of Lake Weir again as I train for BRAG. The hills are good, but probably not as big as I will face in Georgia. I still need to work on my endurance and my power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home