Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Training, Mar. 1

I finally got back on the bike this morning. I had a better offer last night, so I didn't ride. Instead, I got up early this morning to ride for a little while. I have been trying to wake up earlier over the last two weeks with the hope that I would be able to start training some in the morning, since evenings are so busy in my life right now. This morning it paid off.

I rode on the trainer for 40 minutes. I worked on riding at a Tempo pace. According to Friel, this is 89-93% of Lactate Threshold HR. This translates into a HR range of 146-153. This is one notch up from the Aerobic pace (82-88% LTHR; HR 131-145).

I did 10 minutes of warm up at Aerobic pace. (131 Avg HR)
I did 10 minutes at Tempo pace (150 Avg HR)
2 minutes Aerobic (137 Avg HR)
10 minutes Tempo (149 Avg HR)
8 minutes Aerobic to cool down (137 Avg HR).

I could have ridden longer if time permitted, but work does beckon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home