Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Training, Feb. 21

It has been too long since I trained. It has been a full week. Wednesday and Thursday were busy days with nighttime activities that prevented riding. I began to feel sick on Thursday and I spent all day Friday in bed. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, I had the kids at home, while my wife was out of town. We had full days on Saturday and Sunday. By Monday night, I was exhausted and still recovering from being sick. I needed more sleep.

So, tonight, I finally got back on the trainer. I really do need to get out onto real roads one of these days. I rode for an hour. The goal was to continue building an aerobic base. Once I get to the end of February, I will start increasing the intensity. I will have March, April, and May to build fitness and speed. I can taper for the first two weeks of June before I do BRAG.

Tonight's ride was:
10 minutes warmup (Avg. HR 123)
40 minutes at an aerobic pace (Avg. HR 141). Aerobic pace is 131-146.
then 10 minutes to cool down (Avg. HR 134). For most of the cool down, I stayed in the Aerobic pace, but on the low end of the spectrum. For the last 2 minutes, I fell into the high 120s.

Overall ride: 1hr.
Avg. HR 137.
Max. HR 148.

I began watching the Return of the King. I am trying to finish out the LOTR trilogy. I watched until the Rohirrim departed for Gondor. I will have to pick up the movie the next time I ride.

Speaking of which, this is not a very good week for riding. I will try to ride tomorrow night. Thursday, I am leaving town. If I work at it, I might be able to get in a ride before I leave. On Friday, I will be at a conference. The conference has a long break in the afternoon. I am debating bringing my bike so that I can ride during the break. Saturday, I drive home and have a family birthday party in the evening.

So, I will try to work hard to get in a couple more rides this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home