Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Riding, Apr. 29 - Orange Lake

I went back to Orange Lake on Saturday, riding the old Schwinn. The wind was really strong. The wind was at 10 mph, with gusts up to 20. I tried to find a route that would avoid headwinds, but I didn't do a good job. There were far too many headwinds.

I had replaced the tires and trued the wheels, so the bike rode better, but the wind wore me out. On the way back, I made a detour to add some hills. It was a mistake because we had plans for the evening, and it was beginning to get late. With the wind and the hills, my legs were getting wiped out. I wound up calling for help a few miles from home to avoid being late for our dinner plans.

It was a good ride, but very tiring. At the end, I had to keep stopping because I didn't have anything left. I hope that there are no heawinds on BRAG.

computer:
3:50:22
49.26 mi.
12.8 mph avg.
27.5 mph max.

HRM:
4:45:18
130 Avg. HR
The max HR was thrown off by radio interference. If it were accurate, I would be dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home