Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Riding, Apr. 23 - Lousy Ride

I went riding last Sunday. It was very windy out. I was feeling good early in the ride, but it felt like my rear brake might be rubbing. As I got further north, I had a flat tire. I pulled over and fixed it fairly quickly. I started riding again. I stopped at a convenience store in Orange Lake to refill my bottles. After I refilled and took a quick phone call, I started south to return home. Very quickly, my rear brake began rubbing very badly, like the wheel was out of true. I pulled over again, to check the tire. I didn't have any spoke wrenches, but started looking any way to see what the problem was. It turns out the hub on my rear wheel had cracked, one of the spokes was flopping around, no longer attached at the hub. There was nothing I could do. I called in the calvary and sat down to wait for help.

The stats of the ride:
computer:
2:13:14
24.23 mi.
12.9 mph avg.
21.2 mph max.

HRM:
2:13:59
138 Avg. HR
164 Max. HR

I dropped the bike off at the bike shop the next day. They called Specialized to check if the wheel was still under warranty. It wasn't under warranty. Specialized wouldn't replace the wheel. That stinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home