Saturday, April 15, 2006

Riding, April 13 -- Thursday Night, Riding Smarter

This past Thursday night I was back out at the group ride. This time I was intent on riding smarter. Last week I went out trying to keep up with the A group, only to get dropped and pay the price for it on my long bike ride over the weekend. This time, I teamed up with the B group from the start. The ride was much easier, and more fun. I spent a good part of the time helping out riders who got dropped on a hill, or who were tired to catch up, or to pace back to the finish.

Here are the stats:
Computer:
1:48:04
15.5 mph avg.
30.5 mph max.
27.96 miles

HRM:
2:02:23
141 Avg. HR
179 Max. HR

Obviously the HRM includes some of the time at the begining before the ride began, and some of the time at the halfway point waiting for the rest of the group to catch us. It doesn't include all of the stopped time, because I got tired of the thing beeping at me and stopped it, rather than just turning off the alarm. Maybe next time I will turn off the alarm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home