Saturday, April 01, 2006

Riding, April 1 -- Indianapolis

From the start let me make it perfectly clear that I am glad that I live in Florida. I am in Indianapolis this weekend to attend the Final Four.

It is cold here! It has been really nice in Florida lately, great weather for riding. We got here Thursday. It was nice then. But, I am borrowing my brother's road bike, and it wasn't set up for me. I spent Thursday afternoon adjusting it, and doing a little light maintenance to get ready to ride. It rained all Thursday night, and most of Friday. It stopped raining shortly before we went into town to participate in the festivities. Now it is cold.

I decided to ride despite the cold weather. I brought what little winter cycling stuff I own with me, so I bundled up and headed out. The goal was to ride 50 miles, but I didn't make it. Between the cold weather, and the early hills, I was too tired, too cold, and too ready to quit. I wound up cutting the ride short, and doing 40 miles.

Here are the stats:
Dist. 40.1 miles
Time: 3:23
Avg. Speed: 11.8 (SLOW!)
Max. Speed: 32.3

The map of the ride:


The profile:


Notice that there are some healthy hills in the first part of the ride. I enjoyed the hills, but they sapped my legs of energy. On top of that, it was cold and windy. I was glad to get into a warm shower after the ride.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger torporindy said...

Yeah, the weather here has disappointed in the past few days, but it's probably good for you to ride in some different weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home