Monday, March 13, 2006

Riding, Mar. 12 - Lake Weir

I rode back out to Grandpa's house again this weekend. I did the loop around the south side of Lake Weir. To add some miles, I added a loop on the north end through the Baseline Trail and through Silver Springs Shores. With the added loop, I wound up riding around 38 miles.

This time I had fresh batteries in the GPS. Here is the map:



Here is the profile. I think that you can tell that there were a few more hills this time. The biggest hills are still down around Lake Weir.



On this week's rides, I opened up the pace a little bit. Instead of trying to stay in the aerobic (132-145 HR) range, I increased it to try to stay under the Lactate Threshold (132-162 HR). I did get over the lactate threshold several times, especially on hills. Towards the end of the ride, I had a lot of burning in my legs from fatigue and was hard pressed to keep my heart rate low enough.

Here are the HR stats:
Time: 2:45:06 (HRM) 2:45:33 (cycle computer) 2:46 (GPS)
Avg. HR: 153
Max. HR: 175
Time in Zone: 2:08:30
Time above Zone: 0:29:55
Time below Zone: 0:06:41
Avg. Speed: 13.7 mph (cycle computer) 13.7 (GPS)
Max. Speed: 33.9 mph (cycle computer) 33.5 (GPS)
Distance: 38.05 miles (cycle computer) 37.8 miles (GPS)

I still have a long way to go to get ready for BRAG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home