Saturday, July 08, 2006

Riding, July 6, 2006 - Thursday Night

I decided that this Thursday night, I was going to test myself and see if I had actually gotten faster or stronger. I was very pleased with the results.

I stayed with the A group until almost halfway out to the school. I then stayed with an A- group most of the rest of the way. I reached the school just before the B+ group came in. The A group had already left the school. I left with a small group, and we kept a good tempo all the way back. I averaged almost 19 mph on the way to the school. When we reached the back of the trail, I had an average of 19.3 mph. I then eased up most of the way through the trail, so my average dropped again.

I was impressed with my riding, so were several of the others.

Stats:
1:28:24
27.39 mi.
18.5 mph avg.
32.5 mph max.

HRM Stats:
1:36:23
162 avg. hr
188 max. hr

Now, I just need to work on getting a little faster, with a little more endurance. It is at least possible that I might be able to get strong enough to hang with the A group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home